- A voice message left without name of the company mentioned is recorded message.
- Try to locate a name associated with the telephone number by performing a search for the number online. Try Google, Yahoo, Bing, or any other search engine.
- If a name, address, website, email address is found to be associated with this number save the contact information.
- Search your state government website which licenses collection agencies or any business. Try to locate the business on the government website to see if the agency is licensed in your state as a business.
- If unable to locate the business the company could possibly be unlicensed or a fake collection agency. Contact your state governing agency to find out if the agency that left the voice message is required to be licensed in your state.
- If the collection agency is required to be licensed and is found to be unlicensed, keep this in mind when you speak with them.
- Call the agency back and provide any reference numbers they may have left on the voice message.